Plymouth Rock thread!

I think the Black are so nice looking. It is sad that they are so rare. i have had a few locals here tell me they have them but i have not seen them to say if they are or not.

I started with some Splash Rocks but never found a roo. I saw someone on CL in like Dickson with some blues and splashes but no blacks. Not sure why nobody breeds for them. They are not an APA accepted color and maybe BLACK Rocks are just BORING...... not to me..... LOVE them.

The blue rock look better than the black but not as worried at this point. I just want something to work with.

Here is my baby Maly! She is about 4 months old!

My barred was so stinkin cute this morning. I wish I had my camera with me. She went running out to the snow and pecked it like a mad woman (despite the fact she had plenty of water). At one point she looked up and had a whole beard of snow. She looked like a striped Santa lol.

I started with some Splash Rocks but never found a roo. I saw someone on CL in like Dickson with some blues and splashes but no blacks. Not sure why nobody breeds for them. They are not an APA accepted color and maybe BLACK Rocks are just BORING...... not to me..... LOVE them.

The blue rock look better than the black but not as worried at this point. I just want something to work with.

But they black is APA in the bantams. The Blue is in the large. Never understood that one since it takes black to make the blue.

I would think the standard would be the same as the Blues and you could just change the word blue to black..... RIGHT??? I would think anything else would cause a problem with the APA.

You'd still have to go through the steps, and then have a successful qualifying meet. Considering how bad most of the Blue "Plymouth Rocks" are finding decent Black Plymouth Rocks would be just as difficult. Probably would be best to remake them, as Joe Emenheiser has done with the Blue Plymouth Rocks.

Back
Top Bottom