Plymouth Rock thread!

ep.gif
Gorgeous!
We call her Madea.....she is QUITE a character and stands out like a sore thumb among all my Columbians

Quote:
whats even more funny how Genetics never seem to work with you or your birds, you bend the laws of genetics...hey just dont follow them to be on the safe side I still faver Silver Penciled Rocks than Columbian rocks, due to the restricting nature of Columbian

Last edited:
Quote:
thats a nice black pullet by the way... now that I think about it the Black Sexlinks are really not a good example of Columbian affecting Extended black, you see the black sex links pullets are E/eWh and wheaten has a very powerful restriction effect by itself and if you add Co to the mix you have bird that is anything but solid black... E/eb in the other hand behaves like Homozygous Extended black, and one copy of Co/co+ should have no effect on them.. you see the eb allele is a mutant of Extended Black, e+ mutated to ER> ER mutated to E and E mutated to eb wheaten is a mutation of e+ it does not share anything with Extended black and infacts fights Extended black now allowing it to fully express itself... now eb works with Extended black making E/eb birds behave just as E/E birds would, now I would still not favor columbian Rocks unless they have better type thatn silver penciled rocks... Nice black pullet again.

Last edited:
Quote:
thats a nice black pullet by the way...

now that I think about it the Black Sexlinks are really not a good example of Columbian affecting Extended black, you see the black sex links pullets are E/eWh and wheaten has a very powerful restriction effect by itself and if you add Co to the mix you have bird that is anything but solid black...

E/eb in the other hand behaves like Homozygous Extended black, and one copy of Co/co+ should have no effect on them.. you see the eb allele is a mutant of Extended Black,

e+ mutated to ER> ER mutated to E and E mutated to eb

wheaten is a mutation of e+ it does not share anything with Extended black and infacts fights Extended black now allowing it to fully express itself... now eb works with Extended black making E/eb birds behave just as E/E birds would, now I would still not favor columbian Rocks unless they have better type thatn silver penciled rocks...

Nice black pullet again.

updated notes...

Quote:
Does this work the other way? Barred Male over Silver Pencilled females? Second Question, don't Barred have some sort of gene that inhibits dark shanks? Would this mean that Blacks out of this cross would get that gene too and thus have good yellow leg color? Or is that linked to the barring specifically?

Does this work the other way? Barred Male over Silver Pencilled females? Second Question, don't Barred have some sort of gene that inhibits dark shanks? Would this mean that Blacks out of this cross would get that gene too and thus have good yellow leg color? Or is that linked to the barring specifically?
I dont know about your other questions, but if you use a barred male, since they carry 2 copies of the barring gene, females will be barred in some capacity

Back
Top Bottom