Plymouth Rock thread!

Any thoughts on this one? Male or female. This one is a 6.5 week old. Feathering is dark but is definitely ahead of the rest on the color beginning to show on the face. Thanks!

Some of the others are showing tinges of pinkish red.

Any thoughts on this one?  Male or female.  This one is a 6.5 week old.  Feathering is dark but is definitely ahead of the rest on the color beginning to show on the face. Thanks!

Some of the others are showing tinges of pinkish red. 

just my 2 cents,and that 's not much,i don't see any wattles on my females and by the time i do, i can identify the roosters without a doubt.

PheazAnts, my vote is pullet. My chicks are 5 week old barred rocks. I'm going by dark color and my roos combs are much bigger. Look at my post count. I'm the rookie out of ones voting so far. I do see the wattles on yours. I haven't payed that close attention to my pullets. I'll have to look at my pullets in the morning. I might change my mind and edit my post. :p

Everyone's comments are appreciated. I'm learning as I go and enjoy reading others insight. I'm really enjoying my first introduction to chickens with these Barred Rocks.

I'm definately sticking with my vote for pullet. Reasons: dark color, small comb, and small wattle. I looked at my pullets this morning. You can't see the wattles from a distance like the roos. Up close you can see them. I knew they were pullets, never paid that close attention.
My chicks are 5 weeks old. My pullets look just like your bird.

Back
Top Bottom