Plz help me save my chicken!

Pics
Ok I'll go there as well after I get chicken starter. She is now feeding herself when I put it up to her beak she dips it on in there and takes a little and I wait a minute and offer again and she will keep taking it till she's finished. I keep offering and when she's done that's it I'll try again in a hour or so
She's eating on her own that is a great news...
Continue to try and encourage her to do so.

Here is a quote from the thread I just posted about, this person's chicken had very similar symptoms to yours.

"I'm baffled; a week ago we lost a hen, less than 1 yo. when we got home from work, she was in the pen. it appeared she just sat down in the straw, put her head down & died. My husband examined her and said there wasn't a mark on her but she was "a little bit prolapsed". Tonight, i came home, let the girls out and noticed immediately one of the girls was missing. Found her just inside the pop door, face down."

The fact that both hens had their faces down was what made me think of your bird.
Here is someone's response to that thread.

"From the symptoms you described I would be looking for Fiddler Spiders (Brown Reclusive, Wood), or Sac Spiders. The venom of these spiders are hemotoxins and cause blood vessels to constrict, which in turn causes large-scale necrosis. Bites on mammals and avians are self-defense bites, but still bad. Humans have been known to lose limbs or die from a Fiddler bite if not treated properly. Any bite to critter the size of a chicken could easily kill and it would appear to be instantaneous even though the bite occurred 48-72 hours prior. I have seen similar reactions of dogs I have breed."

Last edited:
Well she just finished almost all of the egg yoke without me using dropper so I hope that's a good sign. When I think she might be getting better there's nothing. When she's in my lap she sits with her head up but when I put her back in cage her head goes back down again. I've put blanket in there and fix it to where it will prop her up but she starts moving around and back it goes. Do u know if I can give her any ibuprofen or anything like that? If so how much? I do have child meds as well, I have my grandbaby here a lot, she's 21months
I wouldn't give her ibuprofen ( I read that it's bad for birds. )
; if you have aspirin then it should be alright to give her some.
Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 9.45.05 AM.png
@Kiki do you mind double checking this info? :bow

Although, the puncture wound does look a bit different than a reclusive spider bite...
Anyhow, hopefully, this information is useful! ❤️
You could also try her normal chicken food, with water added to make it wet and soft.
You could also try her normal chicken food, with water added to make it wet and soft.
I will try that as well, I was really trying for highest in protein I could get so I thought egg and the tuna would work. I'll do her chicken food as well, thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom