PO didn't know what in the heck I was talking about

Rogue_Woman

Songster
11 Years
May 12, 2008
NC
So, I called the PO this morning to let them know I have eggs on the way and to call me when they get in so that I can pick them up. The lady I talked to couldn't believe I was having eggs shipped to me. She asked, "what in the world for?" Hah!

Now you would think, in a farming town with a population of 3000, 1 brand new stoplight, and 1 gas station, a beauty salon, and a feed store, that this wouldn't be an odd request?

Anyway, they're gonna call me when they come in after they have a good laugh about the girl getting eggs in the mail!

Quote:
lol.png
My mail lady knows what I am getting and asks about my chicks. My problem was when I went to mail the eggs and the guy said you can't mail eggs it's not allowed. I of course got them mailed but you would think being in Iowa they have heard of eggs being mailed before. LOL

I wish the entire Postal System operated like my P.O. does. They are really interested in my eggs and ask loads of questions. When I go in with boxes, the worker smiles and says"where to today". They ask if the eggs arrived safely and call me when I receive eggs. They've even bought eating eggs from me. Once my girls get back to laying full force(darn broody hens!
wink.png
), I think I'll have to leave them all a gift.

My mail lady asked if I had alligator eggs coming in the mail ?
hmm.png

gig.gif
But now that she knows they're chicken eggs coming, she's pretty excited. I figure later on down the road, if she brings a cooler with her, I can give her a few eggs a week
big_smile.png
Good idea?

Out of roughly 4000 people in our zip code I'm the only one who's received hatching eggs this year. Most postal workers probably see very few if any so I'm not really suprised.

I am so fortunate to have a great PO. There are a lot of chicken people in our town of 600 so they are very knowledgable about shipping and receiving chicks and eggs. I just had eggs delivered on Wed. I wasn't home and the carrier was worried about overheating so he took them immediately back to the office. The clerk was so nice, she asked me a bunch of questions and requested hatching updates whenever I visit. I wish everyone had such great service.

When I picked up my chicks this Spring the postal worker was (im)patiently waiting for her own box of chicks to be taken off the truck. It was very funny.

It went a little bit like this...
"Do you have my chicks in there?"
"Yes"
"Are you sure they're in there?"
"YES!"
"Did you get to them yet?"
"They're in the back of the truck and we'll get them when we get them!"

I guess mine were a lot closer to the door.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom