Polish bantams 5-6 weeks old any ideas on gender by pompom?

5fathens

Songster
6 Years
Apr 28, 2014
#3 looks just like my hen, Gloria, did when she was a pullet with super even rounded crest. My roo, Leroy, was spiky and uneven with long spiky feathers in back. Your birds are all so beautiful!

Thank you we think they're rather cute too:)
Forgot to mention flintoff is a frizzle not sure if that'll make any difference to your guesses.....

I have never seen a frizzle pullet vs cockerel. Maybe someone that has had some will post. They are so cute!

wow if we end up with no more than 3;2 i'll be very happy:wee
have any of you introduced polish bantams to a 'normal sized' flock? if so how old were your bantams when you got them together? i'm not really sure how big bantams get, but my other girls are very friendly:)

Update: unfortunately Elton ( who was super cuddly) died last week:( came home to find her covered in blood, with a puncture wound on her knee, we did the best we could but i think the shock and blood loss killed her in the end. Still not sure how it happened though.

Denny is most definately a Roo she started to grow feathers at weird angels on her head and a small wattle too, then just to make sure we knew 100% he crowed!

Chandler also has a very big wattles now and the two of them like to square up to each other so he's looking Roo like too.

Beaky and Flintoff both seem to have beards but no wattles and don't tend to get involved with the other two when they get fiesty, i'm now really hoping that Flintoff is not a Roo or we'll only have one Pullet....

At what age can they live outside all the time? we are in the Uk.

Back
Top Bottom