polish brahma cross anyone???

So, we got one guy that didn't get the fluff on his feet, out of all of them XD
2017-08-18 20.39.45.jpg

Looks like he might have a feather on his toes. Any feather counts. Your hen might be heterozygous for foot feathers though. The chicks will likely have partially duplicated combs (both duplex V and pea combs are dominant).

That's pretty neat to here! I just looked him over again, and I just noticed he does have one feather on his left leg.

That's an interesting mix! I'm excited to see what they look like when they get older:) Cute babies!
Yup, like I told the person who made this post. I will be posting updated pictures as they start to get their feathers in. This mix was more of an experiment to see how our polish rooster would be with hens, since we got a sour impression the first time he came across our 2 brahma hens. We thought he was gonna be an asshole and be really aggressive to the point he would kill or hurt them. Turns out he is a sweetheart and loves to show off to them.

So, it looks like my two ladies are not brahma hens. Which I'm super sad about T.T, looks like one is possibly mixed with cochin with silkie in her ancestry. I'm hoping I can get some brahma hens in the future and breed them to our polish roo.

So my friend has a polish rooster with a brahma hen(i dont know why?!) and offered to give me eggs to hatch. Has anyone seen a brahma polish cross or pictures? And will the be fertile as polish roos are a bit small then brahma hens
We replied in this thread with a photo of our polish/light brahma cross. Only in our case the father is the brahma and the mother is the polish.

We ended up having a buff brahma/silver laced polish pullet. Rooster is is the polish and the hen is buff brahma. The pullet ended up with a half sized crest and polish shaped body with the colors of her mother. We named her lucille because of her caramel-red color and little beehive shaped crest feathers. 😊

Back
Top Bottom