Polish breed gender

Two of my golden lace polish hens

Attachments

• BD3D826D-E6FD-4EFE-B4C6-889384685039.jpeg
    BD3D826D-E6FD-4EFE-B4C6-889384685039.jpeg
    433.8 KB · Views: 3
Only 3 are laying, but they are all close in age so I am hopeful the others will start soon. They have white eggs

Thank you 😊
Thats just awesome!!!
My Bearded Silver Lace lays a white egg too.
My White Crested Black lays a blush color. I have to Trim the feathers from my silver lace face. Otherwise, I pull it up in a hair tie! I can tell when it's time to give her a feather trim because she gets frustrated when she can't see. Poor girlie. Friendly as can be and they like to be held and carried around. They sure are characters.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1603907287989.jpg
    FB_IMG_1603907287989.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20201013_184935.jpg
    20201013_184935.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 1
I trim the crest on all of my polish. I am not sure how much I should trim because I want them to free range and be safe but have a cute crest

Gorgeous!!!!
Are they laying?
If so, what color are their eggs?

Only 3 are laying, but they are all close in age so I am hopeful the others will start soon. They have white eggs

Thats just awesome!!!
My White Crested Black lays a blush color. I have to Trim the feathers from my silver lace face. Otherwise, I pull it up in a hair tie! I can tell when it's time to give her a feather trim because she gets frustrated when she can't see. Poor girlie. Friendly as can be and they like to be held and carried around. They sure are characters.

Thats just awesome!!!
Beautiful 🤩

Beautiful 🤩
I don't let my Polish girls free range. I read about to many stories about them being picked up by hawks. The head dress attracks preditors but, you have a Rooster so perhaps he is better at being on the look out.. I personally would trim them back hard to allow for good acuity from arial preditors. I allow my regular Big Girls to free range after most of them lay. No eggs, No free ranging because they don't always make it back to the coop in time to lay. Lol

Back
Top Bottom