Polish Chicken Genetics

Hazel1352

In the Brooder
Aug 27, 2022
Hey y'all, I'm purchasing the following Polish Chicken colors;
- Roo - Silver Lace
- Hens - Golden Lace
- Hens - Buff Lace

I want to know the color outcomes of breeding the male Sliver Lace to each of the 2 hen colors. What is dom and what is recessive?

According to the kippen calculator, your silver laced rooster with your gold laced hen will give you silver laced girls and gold/yellow laced boys. (Sex linked cross)
Your silver laced rooster with your buff laced hen will give white and silver laced girls and yellow and gold laced boys.(also sex linked).😊

Silver laced male crossed with gold laced female:

Genotypes:

Sorry, No Picture yetebeb CoCo db+db+ PgPg MlMl Cha+Cha+ mh+mh+ di+di+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ i+i+ bl+bl+ Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ b+- S- Choc+-
Gender = Female, Ratio = 1/2 = 50%, minimum of animals to breed: 2
black patterned silver laced•tail
Continue with this Female | Select for later crossings
Sorry, No Picture yetebeb CoCo db+db+ PgPg MlMl Cha+Cha+ mh+mh+ di+di+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ i+i+ bl+bl+ Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ b+b+ Ss+ Choc+Choc+
Gender = Male, Ratio = 1/2 = 50%, minimum of animals to breed: 2
black patterned yellow/golden laced•tail
Continue with this Male | Select for later crossings

Phenotypes:

Sorry, No Picture yetPullets:
Ratio = 1/2 = 50%, minimum of animals to breed: 2
Sorry, No Picture yetCockerels:
Ratio = 1/2 = 50%, minimum of animals to breed: 2

Silver laced male crossed with buff laced female:

Genotypes:

Sorry, No Picture yetebeb CoCo db+db+ PgPg MlMl Cha+Cha+ Mhmh+ Didi+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ Ii+ bl+bl+ Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ b+- S- Choc+-
Gender = Female, Ratio = 1/4 = 25%, minimum of animals to breed: 4
white patterned silver laced•tail
Sorry, No Picture yetebeb CoCo db+db+ PgPg MlMl Cha+Cha+ Mhmh+ Didi+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ Ii+ bl+bl+ Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ b+b+ Ss+ Choc+Choc+
Gender = Male, Ratio = 1/4 = 25%, minimum of animals to breed: 4
white patterned yellow/golden laced•tail
Sorry, No Picture yetebeb CoCo db+db+ PgPg MlMl Cha+Cha+ Mhmh+ Didi+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ i+i+ bl+bl+ Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ b+- S- Choc+-
Gender = Female, Ratio = 1/4 = 25%, minimum of animals to breed: 4
Sorry, No Picture yetebeb CoCo db+db+ PgPg MlMl Cha+Cha+ Mhmh+ Didi+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ i+i+ bl+bl+ Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ b+b+ Ss+ Choc+Choc+
Gender = Male, Ratio = 1/4 = 25%, minimum of animals to breed: 4

Phenotypes:

white patterned silver laced•tail
Ratio = 1/4 = 25%, minimum of animals to breed: 4
white patterned yellow/golden laced•tail

According to the kippen calculator, your silver laced rooster with your gold laced hen will give you silver laced girls and gold/yellow laced boys. (Sex linked cross)
Your silver laced rooster with your buff laced hen will give white and silver laced girls and yellow and gold laced boys.(also sex linked).😊

NOT sexlinks. The calculator is misleading.

Silver is dominant. The males and the females will both be silver.

It may not be a clean silver (yellowish cast), and the males may show some gold or red leakage as they grow up, but when they are young the males and females will look enough alike that you can NOT sex them by color. By the time you see any color differences, they should be plenty old enough to sex by other methods (comb, wattles, feather shape.)

If the buff laced is pure for all the genes she's supposed to have, then ALL her chicks will have white lacing (so white laced silver, which basically looks white.)

To get actual sexlink chicks, you need the male to be gold and the female to be silver (backwards of what OP has.) The males come out the same either way, but the females are not.

NOT sexlinks. The calculator is misleading.

Silver is dominant. The males and the females will both be silver.

It may not be a clean silver (yellowish cast), and the males may show some gold or red leakage as they grow up, but when they are young the males and females will look enough alike that you can NOT sex them by color. By the time you see any color differences, they should be plenty old enough to sex by other methods (comb, wattles, feather shape.)

If the buff laced is pure for all the genes she's supposed to have, then ALL her chicks will have white lacing (so white laced silver, which basically looks white.)

To get actual sexlink chicks, you need the male to be gold and the female to be silver (backwards of what OP has.) The males come out the same either way, but the females are not.
Oh well… I tried. Thanks!😊

Thank you everyone!! Since posting this and reading the comments, I have decided to not get the Sliver Lace Roo and decided to get a Buff Lace Roo instead. Thank you everyone for all your comments!!

Back
Top Bottom