Polish chicken suddenly won’t stand or walk

Until you get the layer feed started and even afterward, I would always have crushed oyster shell available for the extra calcium for hard eggshells and to help prevent egg binding. I see that you have started a new thread on the second sick chicken.
She’s acting different then the other bird and a lot sicker so I didn’t know if I should keep them all on this thread or move it. Hopefully that is ok. I do have a container with the oyster shell for them since I had some laying and some not. But I think the next bag we get I’ll go to the later feed instead. I am just not sure what to do for this other bird. I know at some point I can’t do anymore. But I’d like to try. I’m struggling because our polish rebounded. But I’m not so sure with this one.

Hey my chicken (actually polish also) is doing the same exact thing. Can you give me an update and tell me what you did??
Yes!! She’s been good so hopefully yours turns around. We got human vitamin b complex tablets. I would crunch half a tablet daily with some scrambled egg. It took a couple weeks but she did turn around and is all over again now.

I have been trying to find help with my silkie. she/he started walking backwards with her head on the ground. It started 11-2-21 it is now 12-14-21 I have tried everything vit e gel, selenium, vit b complex, all mixed with 20% chick starter. she is now 5 months old she eats and drinks all by her self and her poop is great. I think she took a good peck to the head
could she ever go back with her brother and sister. Still holds her head down and just looks around.

I have been trying to find help with my silkie. she/he started walking backwards with her head on the ground. It started 11-2-21 it is now 12-14-21 I have tried everything vit e gel, selenium, vit b complex, all mixed with 20% chick starter. she is now 5 months old she eats and drinks all by her self and her poop is great. I think she took a good peck to the head
could she ever go back with her brother and sister. Still holds her head down and just looks around.
How much vitamin E and B complex are you giving and for how long? Since 11/2? How old is she? Wry neck can be common in silkies, and can be a symptom of head injuries, genetics, vitamin E or thiamine deficiency, or can be a symptom of certain diseases including Mareks. You may want to start a new thread of your own about your chicken for more advice and may attract more looks.

vit e 1liquid gel, 1/8 selenium, 1/4 vit b complex. 2 times daily for a month. I read to much vits can be harmful long term so I cut back to once a day. 5 months old.

Back
Top Bottom