Polish Cockerel Emergency

JasperMosby

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 4, 2014
Kingsley, MI
My white crested black polish roo is getting badly bullied by my big Black Langshan Cockerel. He needs a new home asap. He is five months old and beautiful. Right now a lot of his crest is pulled out and bloodied from the other male. I have him separated to prevent further injury but I can not keep him. I'm in northern Michigan and I can meet you in Cadillac, Traverse City, Buckley, and the surrounding areas. He's free to a good home. I'd love to see him go to a flock with polish hens. He's skittish but has never been aggressive.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16182/animals-in-need-of-free-re-homing

Sorry to hear your having problems and you need to rehome him. Cockerels don't tend to get along together when there are hens with them plus the fact that polish don't do well in mixed flocks too. The fancy crests seem to be a magnet for pecking and nosiness from other birds.
The above link would be a better place to post him for free rehoming. Sorry it hasn't worked out for you with him polish are such a lovely breed. Wishing you the very best of luck with finding him a new home :fl

Back
Top Bottom