Polish crest problems

Campine Lover

Songster
9 Years
Mar 7, 2010
Moss Beach, CA
My polish I use for showing has some crest problems. It is always wet, so it droops over her eyes so she can barely see. i try tying it gently back, but she pulls it out with her feet. I am tempted to cut some away, the shows are in the beggining of the year, but will it grow back in time? I think it will, that is in 7 months! It seems so mean to keep her like this. I washed it several times in the past few weeks, but it still gets wet and dirty. She is a bearded buff laced, but now she looks like a mud crested buff laced. It smells like OLD CHEESE! Any polish owners want to say what they do with the crests? Thanks.

I only have this problem when mine get rained on, luckily I keep mine in a covered run though. I think your idea to trim some away is fine, or a rubber band, but sounds like you've already tried that..Good Luck

The blue polish that we show doesn't have any trouble -- but there's one WC White that's deformed so we can't show her & she can't see past her poof. We bit the bullet and trimmed hers just yesterday. It helped a little, but there's still tiny feathers close to her eyes we can't get, so she's still struggling some. We figured she'd be a good test case, should we ever have to trim one of the gals we show in 4H.

I don't know how long it would take yours to regrow the feathers, or for that matter, if you are only going to trim them, would she grow new ones at all?

To make you feel better, our third one (also a WC White), has the smallest poof of the three, but really struggles to see -- we keep calling her "Bimbo" because she walks into stuff,
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom