Polish pictures

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Redfeathers, Dec 1, 2007.

1. mrchicks

mrchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I hope I am right too. Most of the time I can guess them correctly, but every now and then I am stumped. Right now I have one GL that I can't decide what it is. And an Igor that has traits of both. Poor Igor.

2. BooeyBird

BooeyBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2012
    Missouri
    You can try and post pics, maybe I can guess.

3. mrchicks

Jul 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Prepare to see the ghastliest polish on the planet. Igor is also 10 weeks, but has a hunched posture and lurches when he/she walks. It rolled uncontrollably for the first hour after it hatched and has never been right. But it's a sweet bird so it gets special attention. It's getting saddle feathers, but does not have any other roo traits.

Igor is the GL towards the center/back:
    [​IMG]

4. BooeyBird

May 26, 2012
    Missouri
    Look like a roo to me but it's hard to tell from the picture. Good luck with him/her. I wonder why it is hunched over like that.

5. mrchicks

Jul 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    It's hard to tell in person too. I stare at him/her quite a bit. Poor Igor started out bad when he/she hatched and never stood up straight. But he's super sweet and will always have a home here. He/she hangs out with the girls, the roos ignore him/her. I guess I'll find out when Igor is grown up.

6. mrchicks

Jul 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Here's my other I don't know what it is GL. Missing some tail feathers of course, just to make it more difficult. Care to take a guess?
    [​IMG]

7. BooeyBird

May 26, 2012
    Missouri
    Yeah, I agree. With my silkie i had no idea if it was a pullet or cockeral until he crowed. Luckily he crowed very early at only six weeks, so it was pretty easy. But i was so sure he was a she that now I have a rooster named Miss Jemima.

8. BooeyBird

May 26, 2012
    Missouri
    How old is the GL in the picture?

9. mrchicks

Jul 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I haven't named my silkies yet, they are all too small to tell what they are. Igor is stuck being Igor no matter what it ends up being.

10. mrchicks

Jul 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    10 weeks. I hatched them all together.

you can see Igors awful feathers, he/she's lurking behind the one in question.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by