Polish question?????

ChrystalGail

Songster
12 Years
Jun 13, 2007
Casa Grande, AZ
When Polish chicks or any other "top hat" chickens are hatched, do they have a bump on their heads? Now to be clear I have 2 chicks hatched today that have bumps on their heads, not just down bumps but actually fleshy bumps. Is this normal? I've never had Polish chickens before, so I don't know much about them.

That is too funny! I thought that maybe they were deformed. But, that is the way they are supposed to be. LOL
lol.png
I always looked at the pictures of them with their big fluffy heads and thought that it was just all feathers/down that caused them to be so big, but it's actually a "bumpy" head! Thanks, I feel much better now!

no worries...its totally normal...my polish babies now are growing very nice crests and look and act normally. The add shaped heads freaked me out at first too.

Thanks! They are doing well and eventhough they look rather odd, they are fitting in well with their 22 siblings! I still have 4 more eggs that pipped and 3 that haven't. Today is day 21!

I fell completely in love with their lil top knots when mine came home. You can pick them out immediately ... and Easter Eggers have the fuzzy little cheecks at hatch. Too cute! -Lynn

Here is a picture of one of my polish after it had fluffed out.

elvis.jpg

sorry that other picture didn't show much.

I hope this helps.

jackie

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom