Political Yard Signs

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by TillinWithMyPeeps, Oct 26, 2008.

1. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    Does anyone have any Chicken related ideas regarding the heavy metal wire that support the political yard signs? After the election, people will be getting rid of the signs, and I keep thinking that there must be something good I could do for the coop or chickens with the wire.

Any Ideas?

2. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    No idea... here I know they pay people to collect the signs and return them to the election center for democratic or republician parties. I know I'll be collecting and returning what I can for $$$. See if they do it in your area... and perhaps got some money together for coop supplies!

3. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    I might have to look into that...

4. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Any Ideas?

You could use them as poop boards under the roost. [​IMG]

5. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:You could use them as poop boards under the roost. [​IMG]

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Don't discriminate... use ALL the politicians EQUALLY! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    [​IMG]

7. ozzie

ozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    You could use them as poop boards under the roost.

It's true. I've used a For Sale sign once as the bottom of my guinea pig cage - it's made of corflute/coroplast - it's really easy to clean, it's water proof, you can just hose it off. You can even cut it partly so that the edges sit up and you have like kitty litter box/tray. I think EvilGod and LittleChickenRacingTeam used them as poop boards. Cheap, lightweight and great recycling idea!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28831

ozzie​

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  8. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    I needed something to use as supports for the door that I attached to my dog house coop. I looked around and found an old campaign sign. I cut off the pointy end of the wood stake and it worked perfectly. Here's a pic, sorry it's sideways!

[​IMG]

9. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Chick-Fil-A here sometimes gives free chicken sandwiches for each person who brings in an "expired" political sign. Maybe they will do that this year again???

I am sure they would love to have someone help them "dispose" of them for them afterward!

10. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I've been eyeing the local signs because the posts would make perfect stakes for my tomatoes next summer! I even debated taking 11/3 off work, LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by