Poll: do you prefer chicken eggs or duck eggs? And are duck eggs harder to sell than chicken eggs?

I have 5 ducks and 6 hens. I sell my eggs in a farm stand by the road. My duck eggs sell for baking mostly but I do have some that eat as well. My chicken eggs sell fast due to the grocery prices. But if you have ever baked with a duck egg… oh my. SO delicious. It’s all I bake with. I tend to sell all every week. My ducks are all now laying as of this morning. Was so happy to find 5 this morning! I have two khakis, Wanda and Maryanne, 2 Pekins Lola and Tulip, and an Indian runner, Olive. The second egg in the pic I suspect is olives because she was the only one not laying as of yet and the egg is thin shelled like she’s just getting her lady parts working right. Lol I got Maryanne and Wanda as babies from tractor supply, the others are all adopted rescues. ❤️
7F0070DA-B649-48FA-AAFB-6FCF41535655.jpeg
FEEB660F-1617-484D-8F43-F9C9976F12C3.jpeg
942F6022-7550-42E2-B359-935924254AC3.jpeg

I have an egg intolerance so I cannot try them to know, but my family liks duck eggs more, and I’ve been told they are richer. We have 6 laying ducks and 15 laying chickens. Almost no one we know wants to buy duck eggs since they are weirded out by it somehow. I personally don’t get it but that’s fine we just keep the duck eggs for us.

I prefer duck eggs. They have less of that odd taste that I find chicken eggs do. I also prefer the large yolks because it's my favorite part of the egg, so the more the merrier.

I haven't had any issues selling duck eggs to friends and family, but some of my siblings are still a little suspicious of them. :p

We prefer chicken eggs. I do use duck eggs some for baking since we have them. Duck eggs customers are few and far between.

Hi. Just wanted everyone's opinion, do you prefer to eat chicken eggs or duck eggs or do you not have a preference? Also for those who sell eggs, is it harder to sell your duck eggs, do customers prefer chicken eggs to duck eggs? If I were to sell both should I charge more or the same for the duck eggs? My mother thinks I shouldn't tell people what they are getting, just sell them by the dozen. I don't agree with that. Thanks
I'm allergic to chicken eggs. I was buying duck eggs from a local seller at a farmer's market, but he had family emergency issues and quit selling recently. I just started duck-keeping and plan to sell my duck and chicken eggs at our farmer's market and online as hatching eggs.

Please ensure your customers know if they are receiving duck and/or chicken eggs. You may accidentally give chicken eggs to a person with chicken egg allergies.

I haven't had chicken eggs in years, BUT when I cracked open my first duck egg and fried it up and ate it it seemed very similar to a chicken egg - from what I remember. I used to eat a LOT of chicken eggs, so I'm pretty good with remembering it. I know the diet of the ducks can drastically change the taste of the eggs (same for chickens) so perhaps the diet of the duck that made the eggs I was eating was very similar to commercial chicken feed? The yolk is larger, and the whites a bit runnier than chicken egg, but other than that I detected no difference. They were yummy!

I still have another maybe 6 months before I get duck eggs from my hens to compare their eggs to what I remember of the local ones I had been purchasing.

I love fresh chicken eggs but I love duck eggs even more. I eat them over chicken eggs every time. My daughter also loves them but developed some kind of sensitivity to then and now they make her sick which is kind of weird but she has had these kinds of issues before (developing sensitivities to things over time like lavender.)

I currently have more ducks than chickens, I'm waiting for the ducklings from spring to start laying. I'd like to sell some if I can. Somebody has to support themselves around here lol.

Back
Top Bottom