Poll - What is your favorite chicken breed?

What is your favorite chicken breed?

• Total voters
Wow that breed sounds pretty cool, I've never heard of them, lemme go search it up!
It appears that a lot of people have not heard of the Buckeye. The main reason for this is because during WWI or WWII people thought that some other breeds were better for their uses. In 2003 (I think) There was close to 100 breeding chickens. Then they had a resurgence, but they were not as good as before, so (I forgot the organization) but they started to "return" the Buckeye to its former glory. People today consider the Buckeye a rare chicken breed.

Okay Thankyou, I've never had them so i probably shouldnt have put them together, But Thanks, Hmm i dont think i can edit the poll choices!
Sad that you can’t change the poll :(, can you still add breeds?
another thing is pekins and cochins are apparently different I cant see how so I would lump them together, I think it might leg length or something.

Sad that you can’t change the poll :(, can you still add breeds?
another thing is pekins and cochins are apparently different I cant see how so I would lump them together, I think it might leg length or something.
I thought the only difference was the name!
In Australia we call the pekins and in other countries they're called cochins
I maxed the amount of options in the poll 😂

I thought the only difference was the name!
In Australia we call the pekins and in other countries they're called cochins
I maxed the amount of options in the poll 😂
In the UK we have LF cochins only then we have true bantam pekins, so confusing because Cochins In Australia might be called pekins.
Are Australian pekins large fowl or bantams?

Back
Top Bottom