Polly our friendly liitle girl

Germangirlygirl

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 13, 2011
Kempner
Here are some pictures of my very friendly baby girl. I think the is a Americauna. I think that she may be a daddy's girl/ every evening when we go outside to watch the chickens go in their coop. Polly comes running to mommy or daddy and wants to sit on our shoulders or chair back. So my daughter named her "Polly wants a cracker" lol
86546_polly_8.jpg

86546_polly_14.jpg

86546_polly_12.jpg

86546_polly_13.jpg

86546_polly_6.jpg

She has definetly been our most frienly chicken so far.

I bought her from the feed store when she was around 3-4 weeks old with one duck. She didn't care for hanging with the duck - so she just kind of adopted my husband and I as her parents. She follows us around and in the evenings she falls asleep on the back of the chair, on our shoulders or in our lap. Then I have to carry her in the coop everynight. She is so spoiled. Maybe she thinks that she is a person? She is the only chick that does that out of my 31 chickens. I have other chcikens of the same breed and they are nothing like her.

Precious!!! I have 4 week old seramas and 1 particular pullet will try to tear down the wires to try to get out whenever I come near the pen. When I let them out she would walk right between my legs and ignore her brothers and sisters who are happy to investigate the dirt for bugs. When I crouch down and talk to her she would fly on my shoulders and try to see what I have in my hands. Very cute!!

It is very neat, when a chicken trusts you that much. I think Polly is one of my favorites right now. Except when she tried to nuzzle her head in my long hair, lol. Then I have to pick her up and hold her on my lap, and pet her.

Back
Top Bottom