PolyMax Overlapping Poultry Flooring, anybody has used it in their coop?

POLYMAX FLOORING - In my poultry mini barn i keep my showbirds on shelves. The frame is made with 2 x 4's with wire framed doors. For each shelf i use the polymax panels. On top of each panels i have two 2ft square dura trays. I keep 2 inches of wood shavings in each tray. Each cubicle is sectioned off to 2ft by 8ft by 30" high. Each cubicle has 4 large Orpingtons, a 2 gal water bucket and feeder. Love my set up. Going on year 5 and nothing needs to be replaced. To clean i take out each 2 ft square tray, flip it over and what is left on the tray can be just scrapped off. If it doesnt scrape off, just let it soak in a little water for 20 minutes and then just hose it down. Then i take off the poly max flooring off the frame and proceed to do the second shelf. When all the trays and shelves are outside, I take my leaf blower and blow out everything. I dont have any bug problems or dampness problems. I the water tips over only 1 tray needs to be cleanout.

Dont know how the trays would stand up to racoons chewing it. The trays are lightweight and sturdy. Planning to use them to make a bridge for our goats to cross over a wet area. I had purchase 1 dz plymax floors at $18 each and wish i purchased more. We also use them inside our 4' long dog cages for our rabbits. The hole size is perfect in keeping the bunnies clean. It may not be good for everyone but it is a unique product that came in very useful for us.

Back
Top Bottom