polytape for electic fence

michelleh2294

Chirping
Apr 9, 2017
trying to find the cheapest way i can to electrify my garden fence where my chickens stay during the day....has anyone used the polytape with the extenders/insulatore and an electric charger?

Not for chickens but I do use polywire on plastic standoffs around the bee yard. Works great. You have a fence around your garden right? So you'll just nail on those stand out plastic insulators and use the handle(s) with spring for gate section. One down on low side and another string midway or dog height and maybe another near top of fence for any jumping/climber to be trained.

Unless you're only stopping larger animals you should use the poly tape, wire or rope in conjunction with a fence. The wire is the cheapest option and comes in a 600 foot roll. Has 3 or 4 strands of actual wire in braid and works very well. Rope and tape are more for visability. The rope has 6-9 wires in braid so best solution for actual field fencing.

.5 joule chargers are well under 100 bucks if a plug in only, bag of 25 stand offs is around 7, 600 ft of polywire 13 maybe. Sure you have section of copper plumbing or rebar to use as ground rod so all in all electric is inexpensive deterrent with excellent results. We have a poly wire chicken fencing in use for summer so the birds and coop can be moved to new forage easily. Those are pricey and of course a multi charger is 50% more too. Like a Patriot that can be plugged in or used with battery.

Last edited:
Not for chickens but I do use polywire on plastic standoffs around the bee yard. Works great. You have a fence around your garden right? So you'll just nail on those stand out plastic insulators and use the handle(s) with spring for gate section. One down on low side and another string midway or dog height and maybe another near top of fence for any jumping/climber to be trained.

Unless you're only stopping larger animals you should use the poly tape, wire or rope in conjunction with a fence. The wire is the cheapest option and comes in a 600 foot roll. Has 3 or 4 strands of actual wire in braid and works very well. Rope and tape are more for visability. The rope has 6-9 wires in braid so best solution for actual field fencing.

.5 joule chargers are well under 100 bucks if a plug in only, bag of 25 stand offs is around 7, 600 ft of polywire 13 maybe. Sure you have section of copper plumbing or rebar to use as ground rod so all in all electric is inexpensive deterrent with excellent results. We have a poly wire chicken fencing in use for summer so the birds and coop can be moved to new forage easily. Those are pricey and of course a multi charger is 50% more too. Like a Patriot that can be plugged in or used with battery.
we

it would be around my fenced garden where the chickens stay during the day.........we mostly have trouble with foxes and racoons

Back
Top Bottom