Pomi (new member)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pomi, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Pomi

Pomi New Egg

Mar 20, 2013
    Hello everyone. I am a new to this site.
    I'm located in London Ont. I'm interested in heritage breeds. I am a 23 year old single mother of one(she is five) just starting a small urban homestead and loving every moment!!!! I grew up in Granton Ontario which if anyone googles it you will see it is a very tiny farming town. If you could call it that, our hide-and-go-seek was called town hunt!!(basically you can hide anywhere in town limits) I grew up working on farms and have seen first hand how antibiotics, confinement and heavy handed farming doesn't work.
    I grow as much food as my climate allows and raise meat rabbits on pasture. I am heading to Trials End farmers marker this weekend to buy a few Cayuga ducklings or a few adults we will see what happens."(first time owning poultry. but Iv cared for my fare share)I don't go with the flow. I don't fall into line as other's my do. I make my own way in life. I really don' t care that I am not "legally"be allowed to own poultry or foul in London because I would rather walk the line and live in crime. Then live in fear.
    The law makers are only human too.
    Plus I have a organic farmer who I volunteer for who would be more then willing to hold onto my birds(for the price of eggs) If I ever did have a issue with "Animal Care and Control" I just wish there were more like minded people who could band together!!!!! Id love to have a real sense of community!!!! Maybe I'm just real old-school. But enough of my ranting.

If there is one thing that anyone should takes from what I have to say it is "Do what YOU feel is right! NOT what they tell you to do!!!!There is power in NUMBERS and you will never be alone!!!"

Ummm I'm not sure what else to say sooo....this is me :D
    Hello
    Shari A.K.A Pomi

Edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2013
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]Hi Shari [​IMG]

3. Pomi

Pomi New Egg

Mar 20, 2013
    Hello Drumstick Diva!

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Pomi, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard!! Best of luck to you and your poultry!!

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by