Ponazuril or Corid for coccidia

It looks like it has been used in horses, dogs, and cats for coccidiosis. @casportpony has treated coccidiosis with toltrazuril, a related drug for resistant strains of coccidiosis. Hopefully, she will check in. In some countries toltrazuril is a standard treatment for coccidiosis.

Call your vet back and get some Albon and go get some Corid too. When a bird is sick with coccidiosis you don't have time to order anything, you must start treatment ASAP. I just assumed that the vet sent you home with ponazuril, I did not understand you had to order it.

Call your vet back and get some Albon and go get some Corid too. When a bird is sick with coccidiosis you don't have time to order anything, you must start treatment ASAP. I just assumed that the vet sent you home with ponazuril, I did not understand you had to order it.
She had to fax the prescription to the pharmacy which is out of state because, it is compound medication. So I won’t get the medicine till end of the week. I have started her on corid today! And want to do direct oral administration

She had to fax the prescription to the pharmacy which is out of state because, it is compound medication. So I won’t get the medicine till end of the week. I have started her on corid today! And want to do direct oral administration
Did you get the powder or the liquid?

Back
Top Bottom