Pool ideas

RJKnott

Songster
Mar 25, 2020
So my ducks have a plastic kiddie pool in their pen. It gets the job done and they get clean and splash around and enjoy it

But I’ve been wanting to get them something bigger. Flock is up to 9 ducks out in the pen so something with more water and deeper

I’ve heard of people using pools like the one in the attached photo. For those that do? How do your ducks like them? Do you change the water daily, which seems like a lot of work and water, or do you use a filter?

Want to make it more enjoyable for my ducks so looking for ideas

Attachments

• 067C050C-0BF7-49D2-8650-E4FF36EEB0BC.png
    067C050C-0BF7-49D2-8650-E4FF36EEB0BC.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
So my ducks have a plastic kiddie pool in their pen. It gets the job done and they get clean and splash around and enjoy it

But I’ve been wanting to get them something bigger. Flock is up to 9 ducks out in the pen so something with more water and deeper

I’ve heard of people using pools like the one in the attached photo. For those that do? How do your ducks like them? Do you change the water daily, which seems like a lot of work and water, or do you use a filter?

Want to make it more enjoyable for my ducks so looking for ideas
I did use one just like this previously. I have 5 ducks and they loved it. I had to build some steps on the outside and the inside for them to get in. On the outside I used blocks of wood, inside I added bricks. I did change the water every two to three days because they loved the fresh water. I will share that after three months I noticed a leak. I am not sure if it was caused by the bricks, their feet, or just use. I find the kiddie pools more durable. Good luck!

I did use one just like this previously. I have 5 ducks and they loved it. I had to build some steps on the outside and the inside for them to get in. On the outside I used blocks of wood, inside I added bricks. I did change the water every two to three days because they loved the fresh water. I will share that after three months I noticed a leak. I am not sure if it was caused by the bricks, their feet, or just use. I find the kiddie pools more durable. Good luck!
Thanks for the info.

My kiddie pool does a good job. And may just get a second one. Was just thinking Something deeper that they could fully submerge in and all fit in it atonce if they wanted

Stock tank TSC has them. I have a large rock inside for them to step onto to get out, I have 14 ducks and at least 5 get in this stock tank at a time. This one is 50gal Hubby put a faucet on it for easy draining which I do every other day.

Attachments

• 3E035C6F-A775-4C79-A288-26FDA5CEBE11.jpeg
    3E035C6F-A775-4C79-A288-26FDA5CEBE11.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 31
Stock tank TSC has them. I have a large rock inside for them to step onto to get out, I have 14 ducks and at least 5 get in this stock tank at a time. This one is 50gal Hubby put a faucet on it for easy draining which I do every other day.
I’ll look into that. How big is yours? Easy to drain/change water In it?

50gal and with the faucet it drains down enough for me to pick up one end and get the rest of the water out. I then spray it out good before filling back up.

Back
Top Bottom