Poop colour

She had one friend.But he passed away 2 week ago.But she was ok.Even two days ago she was playing with us. .We always give her time and play with her since her friend is no more.but now she is quite and is eating less.I am giving her electrolyte. she isnot drinking it unless i woke her up and put the electrolyte water beside her.At 6 am she had her feed a little but now she isnot willing to have her feed
Was her friend sick before she died? What have you been feeding her exactly (brand, type)? What kind of bedding? Where is the brooder? What kind of duck?
Sounds like you need more help than me.
@Isaac 0
@casportpony

Was her friend sick before she died? What have you been feeding her exactly (brand, type)? What kind of bedding? Where is the brooder? What kind of duck?
Sounds like you need more help than me.
@Isaac 0
@casportpony
She is an indian runner duck.They both were sick.Before taking to vet the male one died.I gave her prescribed antibiotic as the vet suggested.Then she recovered and her health was improving. Before she had hunched back.But when her treatment started her hunched back posture was gone

I am so sorry. So, they had a bacterial infection. You might want to call the vet back. I am wondering if her infection is back or if the antibiotics damaged the good bacteria in her gut. I am hoping the people I tagged will chime in for you. They know a lot more than me.

Reluctance to move around the brooder, and changes in her eating, are both good indicators something is wrong. If you can take her to a vet, I would suggest doing so. If you can't, just say so, and we can try to help.

Now she is eating and walking outside her brooder. But she isnot cured fully.She seems weak.

Could you post a few pictures, or a video of her? Is she producing poops, if yes, could you post a picture of it? Have you checked around her abdominal area?

Have you tried offering her mashed scrambled eggs, or warm soupy feed? I would try that, as well as, dripping a few drops of a poultry vitamin alongside her bill for some nutritional support. Since, your other duckling was having similar problems, and got better with antibiotics, maybe you would want to give that a try? Would you mind ordering this, or do you have any leftover antibiotics on hand?

https://www.chewy.com/fish-aid-antibiotics-amoxicillin/dp/185201

Back
Top Bottom