poop free egg collection box simple easy step by step.

Honestly, guys, I wasn't picking on the OP. And I only just realized he's the same guy whose pen I felt was unsafe. I.e., I didn't know it was the same person so I wasn't "targeting" him, LOL. I really do have better things to do!
big_smile.png

Just chill, everyone! If this works for you, great. I can see that if you have lots of chickens and your main purpose is to get eggs, it would be helpful.

Quote:
I agree. I am not lucky enough to have poop-free eggs from my hens. They do it almost every time. I had one egg that was painted with poop and I swear the way the poop was attached to the egg made it look like a smiley face.
lau.gif

Thanks foulman for sharing. Great idea!
thumbsup.gif

been good.Gotz a new job.Unemployment sux. back to civil/structural/mechanical design. also in near future will be a traveling trainer in this company.

How bout you? hows those march chickies doing? we lost two turkey poults(hen and tom) and ate three packing peanuts already.
frow.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree. I am not lucky enough to have poop-free eggs from my hens. They do it almost every time. I had one egg that was painted with poop and I swear the way the poop was attached to the egg made it look like a smiley face.
lau.gif

Thanks foulman for sharing. Great idea!
thumbsup.gif

That's the truth!! And no my nest boxes are not higher than my roost. And I still get poopy eggs.

Foulman, Thanks for sharing your ideas!!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I have been thinking about this and am going to use this plan since we have to add nest boxes and don't want to have to change them later. We have room to put 3 nest boxes on our coop-they will stick out the side though so I don't want to make them too big. We have about 2' or maybe 2.5' between the side of our coop and the run fence-would 12" be big enough for the depth (plus the extra for where the egg ends up) for heavy layers? We can make them pretty wide. I think there's at least 18-22 inches of space available for the width of each box. We will have to make 3 individual boxes since there are studs on that wall that we don't want to cut out. Alternatively we can make it all in one piece and just cut out access holes in the wall between the studs. Curious if anyone else has tried this so far other than the OP (using hardware cloth on the bottom, I mean). Also I would make a hinged cover for the egg area too since it will be inside the run as well (don't want hens laying eggs inside and then running outside to eat them).

Back
Top Bottom