poop in nest and roost

I keep a thick layer of pine chips over the linoleum. The only area that tends to get a little "low" on pine chips is near the entrance. It seems to get moved by the chickens in that one area exposing a small area of linoleum. Would it still be "too slippery" for chickens and cause foot problems if only one small area is exposed near the entrance to the coop? It is so much easier to clean a linoleum rather than a wood floor...so I kind of want to keep it but don't want to harm the chickens either ...although at a cost of $70...that is an awful lot of egg production to "pay off" that expense!

...but let's face it - I REALLY like my chickens and have become quite attached to them.They follow me around outside, come when called, and their antics are often the cause for laughter!...so I guess you can't put a price tag on happiness, and a good laugh!...and anything that helps to keep the coop clean in less time and with less effort is a "good" thing!

With a deep layer of shaving/litter your probably fine with linoleum under. As they scratch the litter keep an eye on bare spots. They are totally enjoyable to be around, ours all do the same.

Back
Top Bottom