Poop mixed with blood

10keyes12

In the Brooder
Jun 30, 2022
My chicken, Devil, has been pooping out blood and poop since yesterday. She did previously have a bump in her butt but I don't know what happened to it. She's a year old and two months old. She also has a spot on her wing that's been deplucked. I don't know if treating her at home is possible. I would like to take a suggestions if you guys have any.

Attachments

• 20220912_142555.jpg
    20220912_142555.jpg
    706.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220911_103336.jpg
    20220911_103336.jpg
    579.4 KB · Views: 9
It could be intestinal lining, but for the amount of blood in there I would treat for coccidiosis using Corid.
How is your hen? One of my hens, 6mos old, started pooping blood yesterday. Again today. I started with Corid in the water yesterday to treat the whole flock figuring it is coccidiosis, from everything I have read. Her comb is not bright read and she doesn't roam much. (They don't free range.) Just wondering how you treated and how she is doing.

How is your hen? One of my hens, 6mos old, started pooping blood yesterday. Again today. I started with Corid in the water yesterday to treat the whole flock figuring it is coccidiosis, from everything I have read. Her comb is not bright read and she doesn't roam much. (They don't free range.) Just wondering how you treated and how she is doing.
@10keyes12 hasn't been on BYC since September so will likely not respond.
Continue treating your flock with corid until there are no more bloody droppings.

Back
Top Bottom