poop photo, need advice

Mar 31, 2022
southwest Utah
My 4 girls are just over a year old and so far I've been very fortunate in lack of issues, which has been great given that I am a newbie. Floof, my sapphire gem, has had runny poops lately but is acting normal so far, but I don't want to disregard and have things escalate.... Prior ones have been green and very very runny, so I stopped giving them greens for a few days (they don't free-range). Photo is from yesterday, it's less runny than the prior green ones but still not normal. I can't tell whether there are worms in there or not....trying to figure out what do.

20230527_114228.jpg

Looks very normal and healthy to me.

If you have worms present, there typically is no mystery. In other words, you wouldn't have to guess.

Looks very normal and healthy to me.

If you have worms present, there typically is no mystery. In other words, you wouldn't have to guess.
Hm, that looks normal? I guess I am worried because for my girls it's really not been the norm for the year that I've had them. Every now and then sure, they each have a one-off messy one, but in between there's always a healthy one to ease my mind. Floof has been having the runnies every time I've seen her poop for days in a row, maybe up to a week?

While some roundworms and tapeworm segments can be visible to the naked eye, you can't know whether there are worms for sure or not without a fecal float. If her digestive system was upset a bit by her diet, that might not necessarily sort its self out immediately and could take a few days. Not sure what your weather has been like but, bouts of warmer weather can also trigger drinking more and therefore wetter poos for some birds.

Hm, that looks normal? I guess I am worried because for my girls it's really not been the norm for the year that I've had them. Every now and then sure, they each have a one-off messy one, but in between there's always a healthy one to ease my mind. Floof has been having the runnies every time I've seen her poop for days in a row, maybe up to a week?
Do you have pics of those poops? The runnies.

Unfortunately no, going to keep my eye out...in probably/hopefully related news, I just read that dandelion greens are a "natural diuretic/flush" and I had been giving them dandelion greens pretty much daily until I backed off all greens several days back....so maybe I caused it by overloading on those...

Back
Top Bottom