Poop questions ...

olivesmom

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 2, 2008
Since I am new to chickens I have a lot of questions and it seems like many times the answers is in the poop so I am starting this tread in hopes of it easy to find answers ...

Here is my question about poop for today:

How often is normal?

Charlotte

That is a really good question I have a 2 day old chick, and he doesnt seem to be pooing. He did when he was born but not much after the first night.

I am still trying to figure out how much is normal. I do know they can get pasty butt and theat you need tomake sure the vent is clean.

Rocco Mae just pooped a sqishy one that half of which was filled with bubbles. Anything to be concerned about? It was the color of a good cup of Starbucks with just a spash of cream!

Charlotte

Quote:
Geez...I am a plumber and I dont even study it that much!!!
lau.gif

Mine did the bubbly poop when they were young. The variety in their poop was amazing, yellow, green, brown, blackish, tan, white, clear. Runny, clumpy, formed, bubbly etc. Mine all lived, I'm guessing its normal.

yuckyuck.gif

i duuno. bujt when i change bedding it takes about a minute and there a five fresh piles of poo and i have 12 chicks and three ducks. They poop like crazy , everything from green to bubbly and regular.

Frizzledhen,

Ever since we got the chicks I can't eat chicken ...

Charlotte

I know how you feel Charlotte. I never did like chicken (to eat) but my dogs love raw chicken. NO, they have never had any of my pet chickens. It would really be strange to see Tigger eating JJ, although, I have threatened JJ that if he didn't quite attacking my pink shoes I was going to feed him to the dogs.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom