Poopy feather stuck on baby chick, tried cutting

EmmaRainboe

Songster
Jul 30, 2020
Bainbridge Island Washington
Thanks ;) I just expect that whoever responds to questions is a knowledgeable experienced person, I'll think about that again.
There are TONS of knowledgeable experienced people on here, but occasionaly you will get trolls, or people who try to give advice even with no experience. Sometimes you can go back and look at people's past messages to see what other advice they've given and if they've actually given good advice.

Aug 21, 2020
I thought it may have been pooped on by another chick while sleeping under hen then feather got stuck?.. I could try wiping with paper towel but I don't want chick getting cold from being wet... It's active and normal acting.
U wont trust me i did that to my chicks when they got pasty but and they were 3 days old pls dont make mkstake just remove it one time a long time ago i had chicks with poop stuck but i did not knows ethey will be alive for few days but they will die from poop blockage pls remove the poop imdeatly

NatJ

Crowing
Mar 20, 2017
USA
U wont trust me i did that to my chicks when they got pasty but and they were 3 days old pls dont make mkstake just remove it one time a long time ago i had chicks with poop stuck but i did not knows ethey will be alive for few days but they will die from poop blockage pls remove the poop imdeatly
Yes, poop on the butt can kill a chick.
But the chick in the first post of this thread had poop on its HEAD.
It cannot be "pasty butt" on the head!

TheOddOneOut

Free Ranging
Feb 15, 2020
My imagination...
Ehem, troll dear, this is not pasty butt....

Silkielee

Songster
Aug 18, 2019
Australia
Ever since my hens are doing the job of raising the chicks I don’t interfere with them doing their job. Hens prim and clean the babies. At least mine does it
Oh really! that would be cute to watch. I haven't seen my hen clean the chicks but I do see her preen herself and chicks copy and do it to themselves. And dustbathe all together.

Top Bottom