Poor kid.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by freerange freaks, Jul 3, 2008.

1. freerange freaks

freerange freaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    O.K. So we head off to the local agricultural fair and find out they are having a "pet" show for the kids. "Cool," thinks me. I turn to my 4 year old, "Do you want to enter one of you animals in the show?" "Yep" she responds. So the next day we return to the fair with the "animal" she picked(she actually couldn't decide so she brought three). She was sure she'd win a ribbon; so was I since it was a kid's show. Don't they all get ribbons?!

Now disapointment sets in... do you see anything wrong with this picture?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yah, that's right. EVERYONE brought their DOG. She was the only one there with a cage full of chickens. No goats, no sheep, no calves, not even bunnies. An agricultural fair with only dogs. I was shocked. I didn't point out the obvious to her and I don't even thinked she noticed. I love kids. But still, come on. They gave her a prize for the most unique animal (a chicken-unique, hah!). Just wait till they see what we bring next year, he he he.

2. knippk

knippk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Grayson KY
    Awwwwww.....this is sad [​IMG] .....but kinda funny!!! [​IMG] Poor kid....and poor you... At least you did get a prize! And I would've thought the same thing!!! You guys will get them next year!!!!

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] Quite a "unique" agricultural show with just dogs, but hey many congrats to your daughter...Well Done..............
    English Chick thinks why dont you get together with other like minded unique chicken lovers and organise a small poultry show.........you never know you could end up with a big show on your hands.

4. MonkeyZero

MonkeyZero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    It shoulda been a dog and chicken show!!! [​IMG] poor kiddo...

5. freerange freaks

freerange freaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks for sharing in my little story. It was kinda funny to see her completely oblivious to everything going on around her.

Starting our own chicken show/ pet farm animal show is an absolutely fantastic idea. I have an entire year to come up with ideas for next spring's fair. Thank you for suggesting that. I'll do a search on show organization or maybe start a thread about it.

I'm all excited now!

6. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Hey, 'The Most Unique' is the best ribbon to get! Congrats to her!

7. ChuckenGirl

ChuckenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2007
    Maryland :)
    take a silkie next year, It can be a new breed dog...

8. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Well congrats for the most unique that is a grand award. Just so the young one enjoyed it that is what counts and winning besides.[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]:weee:ya

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by