Poor lonely roosters!!!

Chickenaddict

Songster
11 Years
May 19, 2008
East Bethel MN
I have a quad of seramas in my basement office turned chicken central. I brought in another broody hen in a seperate brooder who is sitting on 12 eggs. Must have rubbed off on the serama hens because they are both broody and sitting on eggs, one has 6 of her own eggs under her and the other has 3 cochin eggs plus one of her own. I think i did the math right but thats 22 fuzzy butts im gonna be stuck in the house with over the winter. I think im certifiably nuts at this point, sounded like a cool idea at the time but now im up the creek without a paddle and have 2 serama roosters with no hens. So far the roosters have gotten along with each other as well as the hens but heck this might just push them over the edge. Does anyone think by chance they will continue to cohabitate together or should i get to building yet another enclosure? I feel soo bad for those boys and if i could find a few hens around to "tide them over" i would but nothing in this area but standard size chickens and thats not happening those standard girls would smoosh those boys with one foot. Any advise?

This is a pic of the box i built for them, i use the space under it to store feed and bedding but thinking of making it a double decker
10663_img_0314.jpg

Last edited:
You AND your chickns are SO SPOILED...
lol.png

How wonderful to just go in their part of the house and visit and enjoy, especially with sunny windows!!! AWESOME! (And the fishing net is for wayward "thinking" chickn's who would like to further explore "the world?")

The net was a treasure my hubby found at a thrift store, the theme in the room was like a backwoods hunting theme (at leat his attempt) Great idea for runaway babies
wink.png
If they happen to escape the floor is concrete so its very easy to clean. It is great to have them inside to watch but it can get messy if you don't keep up on the daily dusting and vacuuming. Comes in handy in the summer when i can open the windows to let in fresh air in, altho they do go outside in the summer. I guess i may be a bit spoiled
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom