Poorly chick? Help me please!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Ghull00, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Ghull00

Ghull00 Just Hatched

Jul 24, 2016
    Lincoln, UK
    I have had many batches of chicks and this batch has a white silkie which has a rather bulging belly at the front. We have massaged a lot out of it already but it seems to come back a lot. Also, the other silkies I have are now much larger. I give them a weak dose of cider apple vinegar and it has done something but should I just cull it.??

2. Ghull00

Ghull00 Just Hatched

Jul 24, 2016
    Lincoln, UK
    We were told that it may have an intestinal problem and that it probably wont ever thrive but what do the byc community think???:)
    Please answer!! Many Thanks in advance ....GHULL

3. Choco Maran

Choco Maran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    If there is a chance I would give the little guy a chance to come around. She may never thrive but she can still have a good life. I hate it when the answer to everything is cull it. Give it the chance it deserves if it is not meant to be then you did what you could.

4. laceychicken

laceychicken Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2014
    Keep her warm. Feed her with an eye dropper (watered down chicken feed). See how it goes. They are fragile, but worth a try.

5. Ghull00

Ghull00 Just Hatched

Jul 24, 2016
    Lincoln, UK
    The thing is, she is quite slow. her eyes are alive and bright but is soo much smaller.....actually looks v. sweet!! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by