Poorly chick ?!

kimskolfield

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 27, 2012
Hi I'm raising chicks for the first time and they are silkies five weeks old now but one does not seem to be growing it sneezes a lot and today it's head is tilted it's eating and drinking ok at the mo but what could it be and what can I do ??!! Any ideas please ?!!

It looks like you have coccidia my chicken salad before and their head was like I'm running over to the side and walking around and looked weird but your chicken need some anabiotic's so put some in the water

Hi I'm raising chicks for the first time and they are silkies five weeks old now but one does not seem to be growing it sneezes a lot and today it's head is tilted it's eating and drinking ok at the mo but what could it be and what can I do ??!! Any ideas please ?!!

Sneezing can be a sign of dusty feed or conditions, or from a respiratory disease, especially if it includes nasal drainage or watery eyes. A twisted neck (wry neck, torticolis,) can also be a sign of that, but also can be from a vitamin deficiency or head injury. Give your chicks vitamins and a bit of egg daily for selenium. Make sure air circulation is good, that the bedding is clean and dry with no water spills or mold, and not too hot.

Back
Top Bottom