Poorly Duck...dont know whats wrong 😔

Chenn2016

Hatching
Jul 3, 2020
Hi all, newbie here. Have a year old female muscovy who has been sat on a nest for three weeks. 2 days ago noticed that when she came off for her breakfast she could hardly walk, tipping over and did not eat. Have bought her inside and she still will not eat, and will drink when I put the bowl under her face. She still cannot hold herself up properly. No sign of I jury anywhere but looks pale and lethargic. Very few watery poo's. unfortunately no vet open around me over the weekend. Any ideas what could be causing it? Really dont want to lose her 😭

So sorry to hear she isn't well.

It's most likey because she hasn't been eating well.
Continue to encourage her to drink and eat.

Do you want to learn how to tube feed her?

So sorry to hear she isn't well.

It's most likey because she hasn't been eating well.
Continue to encourage her to drink and eat.

Do you want to learn how to tube feed her?

Would that cause her to be so off balance? It's like she has been drinking and is falling off her legs. Yes that would be good if that's what you think I should do 🤞

Would that cause her to be so off balance? It's like she has been drinking and is falling off her legs. Yes that would be good if that's what you think I should do 🤞
Yes...it would cause it.
Sounds like she might be dying...in very bad shape.
She needs nutrition.

If she's dehydrated she could be off balance. Have you ever stood and saw black because you need more water? If imagine the same happens with animals

Has she been eating and drinking? Apparently some hens starve themselves and don't leave the nest enough to get food and water
She has been coming off for food and a wash but cannot say exactly how much she has been eating, but I had her water and food close to her so she didn't need to leave for that long, but she looks so poorly now.

Can you weigh her?

Can you upload a video of how she is right now to YouTube?

Back
Top Bottom