Poorly ex batt girly

Cindyjoy

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 22, 2014
Hi there, im looking for some advice please. I let all my girls out this morning, checked them over and they we're all fine. However when I went to give them they're tea one if the was standing inside, looking rather glum with her beak open. I picked get up gave her a look over and as I set her down she looked very wobbly.
I've bought her in over night with water no food and she's settled down for the night. She sounded a little wheezy too, does anyone have any idea what the problem could be please? Also her poo was just white with the tiniest bit of brown poop in it
Many thanks
Cindy

If she sounded a little wheezy, one possibility is a respiratory infection. The treatment for that would be an antibiotic, like Tylan50 injectable, oxytetracycline, or Baytril. If she continues to show respiratory symptoms, I would definitely purchase an antibiotic and treat her with it. Give her supportive care, as well: put some vitamins in her drinking water, encourage her to eat, keep her in a warm, clean place, and try not to stress her out too much.

I would also look inside her beak to make sure there is no cheesy material (a sign of Canker) or anything stuck that would cause difficulty breathing.

If she sounded a little wheezy, one possibility is a respiratory infection. The treatment for that would be an antibiotic, like Tylan50 injectable, oxytetracycline, or Baytril. If she continues to show respiratory symptoms, I would definitely purchase an antibiotic and treat her with it. Give her supportive care, as well: put some vitamins in her drinking water, encourage her to eat, keep her in a warm, clean place, and try not to stress her out too much.

I would also look inside her beak to make sure there is no cheesy material (a sign of Canker) or anything stuck that would cause difficulty breathing.
X2

Respiratory infections often make chickens lethargic, so that would explain her inactivity.

Keep in mind that though antibiotics may cause the symptoms to dissapear, most respiratory diseases make birds carriers for life. They may show symptoms again in times of stress, and can pass it to other birds.

Back
Top Bottom