Por Chickens bum, lump hanging out and dribbling poo/fluid

KelnJonChickens

Hatching
7 Years
May 21, 2012
Hello all
I am new to this but have had a problem with my chicken. she is a light sussex one year old. I have read many of your posts but although been helpful they dont seem to match!
It first of all started with a dirty bum! which all poo collecting on her bottom but I have seen this before and it has cleared but so I left it.
But now.... all her feathers have come away I had to cut her feathers of what was left away and wash her bottom to get a better look.
It smelt terrible.. bless her.... she has a lump about a inch around hanging out of her bottom, which from the center of her bottom when i washed it you could see liquid whitish, poo in colour drippling out of the center of the lump. now it looks very sore as I am sure it is annoying her. now a orange colour has come out when she was in the laying box.
She has still produced eggs and still eating and drinking but i think this has slowed down.
I dont know what to do now. please can anyone help me some say its a prolapse and she is incontinant.
Apart from that she look normal all around now swollen abdo as I have seen the photos of the chickens who are entrernal layers.

Please help me and my chicken!!

Many thanks
Kelly and Jon

Welcome to BYC! Hopefully you'll get some help and suggestions here about your chicken. You might also try posting under the "Raising Chickens" "Injuries/Emergencies" thread. Folks looking in the part of the forum might be more likely to have the info you need. I'm pretty new so not familiar with what you're describing enough to be helpful. Good luck!

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

Back
Top Bottom