Portable fencing or run?

Hal9000

In the Brooder
Jan 27, 2015
I almost have my Coop built. It is a 6x8 coop on wheels. I was planning on free ranging my chickens but I don't want them to bother the neighbors property. I want to be able to move my 10 chickens around the yard on a weekly basis. So I would like to make a portable run or fencing to keep them to certain sections of my yard. This would be for their day time use only as the Coop will keep them locked up and safe at night. I don't want to spend a fortune on this, especially since this coop has become a pretty large expense. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I made this easy day run for my girls just this weekend. It has been great to give them a little more space (they can't free range due to no fences) without huge investment. It folds up for easy storage, is adjustable and very light weight. Girls have been very happy in it. Might work for you?

I created a tutorial about how I made it, if you're interested - https://greenseggsandcans.wordpress...build-a-portable-collapsible-chicken-tractor/

Thanks for the suggestion. I have thought about that idea but with 10 chickens, I would need a much larger enclosure. I have been toying with the idea of making a 10x10 enclosure out of PVC and some plastic chicken wire.

Back
Top Bottom