Portsmouth, VA Chicken Laws?

I would really like to get a group together to work on trying to change the Portsmouth Va codes. I attended the Chesapeake Counsel Meeting last night with the folks from Chesapeake that want chickens. They all banded together and the Counsel passed it so now it goes to Planning they are on their way. PLEASE If you are from Portsmouth Va and would like to have backyard chickens or support others having them email me at [email protected] and lets get a group together. Even if you have chickens now they will find out, so join us in trying to get the codes changed.

Unfortunately, most of my friends live outside Portsmouth limits. But surely there must be more folks IN Portsmouth who believe that raising hens in Portsmouth should be allowed. How do we reach them?

Get your friends to look at my beginning page on facebook and like then their friends can look at it too and maybe we will reach more people that way.
Portsmouth Hen Keepers

I'd love to have some chickens around! I'll support a petition or whatever is needed.
smile.png

Thanks new egg. I think we all need to set a date and time we can get together and set down and talk about this and what steps to take.

Back
Top Bottom