Position of egg when incubating

The fat end should be upwards because of the air cell. You may have eggs hatch pointy end up but your hatch rate will not be what it should be if placed the other way.

There are definitely a few still alive because i can see the movement. I just dont know whether to leave them alone or turn them now??????

There are definitely a few still alive because i can see the movement. I just dont know whether to leave them alone or turn them now??????
Were are the air cells positioned? That's the important thing to consider, whether the egg has been incubated fat end up, narrow end up, or on the side. All that really matters is that air cell position.

Incubated narrow end up. They are just over day 20 . I know now that was the wrong way. There is a few for sure that are alive. I just dont know what i should do

I'd suggest placing the eggs on their sides to hatch. If they're chicken eggs they're about to pip and in lockdown. They may pip the wrong end, but some of those do survive.

X2. You don't want to hatch them w pointed end up. Lay them flat. You should be in lockdown. Hope for the best. Do your air cells look good? Right size?

Back
Top Bottom