Pics
IMG_0211.JPG

The year one pair of wild geese raise 21 goslings!
FHIN7444.JPEG

Mama and chicks, always cute.
IMG_0400.JPG

A once in a lifetime visit by a wild cock pheasant, at our dining room sliding door!
Mary

Thanks for the comments! I thought the geese, and especially that pheasant, were really special!
Back in 2015, I have photos from near hatching to fledging of that incredible family of geese! Could only count them in photos, all moving targets all spring.
And that pheasant was this year, must have been from a game farm, and hope he makes it.
IMG_0401 (2).JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

He visited twice that I'm aware of, and visited the neighbor's another day. We have so very few pheasants around here, and never one this close to the house.
Mary

Back in 2015, I have photos from near hatching to fledging of that incredible family of geese! Could only count them in photos, all moving targets all spring.
They are so wonderful! Amazing those parents managed to keep them alive, so many predator trying to eat them. Can you imagine trying to feed all those hungry mouths in the wild? Wow!
And that pheasant was this year, must have been from a game farm...We have so very few pheasants around here, and never one this close to the house.
Oh! He was raised to expect food from humans... He was probably hoping for snacks. Poor dear he likely regrets his escape. I had a chicken that ran out into the woods her first day here. For 3 weeks she would sneak into the yard early in the morning to eat the food that spilled over from the food bowls until I managed to catch her. Now I totally spoil her. I named her Robin Hood. I am still impressed by her. She is the smallest Leghorn, and she bullies all the others to get to the food first. She survived meeting the neighbor's dog, and lived in a forest that has lots of predators (all alone for 3 weeks)! So impressed by my little firebrand :)

Back
Top Bottom