Possible Broken Toe

laurawatts

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 22, 2012
I have a 6 month old Buff Orpington who appears to have a broken toe. I noticed her limping on it yesterday, so we have moved her into a small cage by herself. She is eating and drinking and looks very healthy, but one toe on her right foot seems to be out of place. Is this something that will heal on its own or is there something that I can do to make her more comfortable?

from what i've been reading you might be able to gently pull it straight, then let it heal, just watch that it maintains bloodflow. There are a some good links on broken legs through this site. Sorry, not computer savvy enough to attach any here.

if it's just a little out of place you could just let her back out with the flock and watch her. So long as she can get by fine and the rest don't pick on her, it'll heal. If it worries you, you can gently pull it straight and splint it with a toothpick or popsicle stick and tape. And still let her back out. If she's acting hale and healthy and fine, she'll be a lot happier out with her buds.

Back
Top Bottom