Possible controversial topic, but wondering...

I had a Pure Java Muticus-Muticus male bust thought the end of his pen and I know they can FLY the last time I seen him he was about 100 ft up and climbing (he may have caught an up draft) headed towards Texas he looked like a little dot when I lost track of him, never seen him again.

Steve

I don't clip the actual wing, but I do clip their wing feathers on one side to keep them inside the fence. No pain, much gain. They can still get up on roosts, but they can't get over the fence. Too many dogs run loose here and I didn't want to put up a giganitic fence. At night they are inside and safe from the foxes and coons (which are pretty well kept at bay by my two chihuahuas, believe it or not).

I don't clip the actual wing, but I do clip their wing feathers on one side to keep them inside the fence. No pain, much gain. They can still get up on roosts, but they can't get over the fence. Too many dogs run loose here and I didn't want to put up a giganitic fence. At night they are inside and safe from the foxes and coons (which are pretty well kept at bay by my two chihuahuas, believe it or not).
Could I ask how tall your fence is that they aren't able to fly over?

Back
Top Bottom