Possible Dislocation....NEED HELP PLEASE

atvgirl0213

Hatching
9 Years
Mar 31, 2010
When I went out to feed my chicks I noticed that one of my nine week old Production Reds was hobbling a little. Watching her closely, I noticed that when she walks, it looks like her hip is dislocated. Her leg/foot turns outward and there is a bulge right under her breast. It doesn’t appear that she is in pain and she makes it to the feed and water on her own. I picked her up and gently inspected/manipulated the leg and it doesn’t feel broken.

Any idea of what I can do for her. Again, she doesn’t appear to be in pain and she can get around. But she looks so pathetic. The 6 other chicks don't seem to be picking in her. Is it possible that her hip is dislocated and if so, what can I do for her.

It definately sounds like she has some sort of injury...dislocation, sprain, torn ligament or muscle. Is it possible for you to confine her? I would confine her to a small crate with food and water so she can rest that leg. If you can do that for about a week to see if you see improvement. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom