Possible egg break in vent. Need help.

DD Chicks

Hatching
May 3, 2015

Can someone take a look at this pic and tell me what you think? We are new to this and I dont know what to do for her. She keeps to herself and isnt eating or drinking.

Can someone take a look at this pic and tell me what you think? We are new to this and I dont know what to do for her. She keeps to herself and isnt eating or drinking.

Can you take her to a vet? If she isn't eating/drinking you need to figure out why. Sick birds do best when kept in a warm room or cage (80-85 degrees).

-Kathy

Actually she is much better now:) It was an egg but very soft. My husband pulled it out and she seems to be back to her old self. Eating, drinking, and laying again. Thanks for your advice!!

Actually she is much better now:) It was an egg but very soft. My husband pulled it out and she seems to be back to her old self. Eating, drinking, and laying again. Thanks for your advice!!

Glad she is better! I have noticed that some of mine will act very sick right after laying a soft shelled egg. Make sure she has access to plenty of fresh water, layer feed *and* oyster shell. If she lays another softy, you might want to think about giving her a calcium pill orally (50mg per pound) for a few days.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom