Possible fungal infection

Liaanne2425

In the Brooder
Jan 30, 2023
I have noticed this recently, it has been there for a while , my sapphire olive egger has had these marks on her ears/ wattles. She is laying great and acting completely normal. Eating and everything, I think it’s a fungal infection and I have noticed it on a few others. I’ve seen some remedies but just wanted confirmation from more experienced people. Any ideas? Or best options to treat?

Attachments

• FA41A357-ADA3-44E3-AFA8-5E0045F3DF37.jpeg
    FA41A357-ADA3-44E3-AFA8-5E0045F3DF37.jpeg
    686.1 KB · Views: 26
That is not a fungal infection, but some normal white spillage of coloring on the ear lobes. Many chickens have that, depending on genetics and breed. What breed is she, or is she mixed?

That is not a fungal infection, but some normal white spillage of coloring on the ear lobes. Many chickens have that, depending on genetics and breed. What breed is she, or is she mixed?
Well I thought she was a sapphire gem , but she is laying olive eggs, so I believe she is some type of olive egger, my Easter eggers have this coloring as well . This my first flock I have gotten to see all the way through , our last ones free ranged without supervision and an attack happened and all of our birds were gone. So I’m a little protective of these girls , and they have an area to be in to be safe

She was in the sapphire gem brooder at rural king, but she is laying olive eggs, so I believe she is some kind of cross making her an olive egger, some of my Easter eggers have this coloring on their ears as well

Back
Top Bottom