possible goose egg?

bravevline

Songster
6 Years
Apr 30, 2013
do you think this could be a goose egg? it is her second egg so it is naturally small

[COLOR=0000CD]Do you have any ducks or chickens? The reason I ask is that is an awful small egg for a goose to lay.... Unless you have very small geese?[/COLOR]
i have white chinese geese and my research says their eggs are smaller than other geese and it said their first eggs are usually small and this is her second one. it looks shaped like a goose egg and we have other fowl to but the facts point to it being her due to current pen setup. i thought it was awfully small to but it is kind of shaped and colored like one. do you think it is possible??

i have white chinese geese and my research says their eggs are smaller than other geese and it said their first eggs are usually small and this is her second one. it looks shaped like a goose egg and we have other fowl to but the facts point to it being her due to current pen setup. i thought it was awfully small to but it is kind of shaped and colored like one. do you think it is possible??
I am not real sure but nothing is impossible. I have never seen Chinese geese eggs before but would guess them to be around the same size as a Sebastopol's eggs. But that is still an bit smaller than even I have seen small ones to new laying Sebbies.
My younger 1st laying girls have like 147 grams to 175 grams.

Have you weighed the eggs laid? I have a digital scale from Walmart I use to weigh eggs and everything else.

[COLOR=0000CD]Not always. I had runner duck and some regular ducks and the runners was suppose to be green but I got off white or cream or the color you have in your hand.[/COLOR]
i guess it could be then. i'll know when she tries to sit on them it looks like shes building a nest and the egg gets bigger substantially every day and are all this color.

i guess it could be then. i'll know when she tries to sit on them it looks like shes building a nest and the egg gets bigger substantially every day and are all this color.
The eggs are getting larger huh. If she laid that small of and egg I wonder if she might be having a bit of egg laying problem? I sure hope all is well with her. Make sure since she is laying to give her oyster shell available at all time in a separate dish and you can also off grit to her I a different bowl.

Back
Top Bottom