Possible ick duckling any help appreciated

aaron_ranney

Hatching
Aug 2, 2020
So I recently got a duckling and I’ve realized it’s been panting a lot. I didn’t really think it was a problem till it was definitely cool enough for it to be breathing normally and not be too hot. It’s tail doesn’t bob up and down necessarily but there isn’t a single second where it isn’t actively trying to poop. Which sorta looks like small tail bops. I’m just a little worried any advice Duck experts?

I'm assuming this is a Pekin, correct? They have been known to pant even in coolish temps for their age.

As suggested, a video of the duckling panting, would be great.

I'm assuming this is a Pekin, correct? They have been known to pant even in coolish temps for their age.

As suggested, a video of the duckling panting, would be great.

You can see it’s tail is bopping up and down a little along with the panting . Itll pant
in anything 80 and over

In case you didn't see, I posted in your thread on the emergency/injury forum.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...k-any-help-appreciated.1403555/#post-23037353

"It seems odd, but from what we’ve seen lately this happens with some Pekin Ducklings simply due to the fact that they’re on the heavier-side and tend to be more comfortable in cooler temperatures than other breeds.

The duckling appears to be active and healthy in the video shown, if it were to be a blockage of some sort, the duckling would be more gasping for air, or shaking its head rapidly in an attempt to dislodge the matter. Or, if it were to be a respiratory disease you’d definitely be seeing other symptoms such as eye discharge or sneezing.

I notice “duckling” is singular. Do you have any other friends for her? Waterfowl do not fare well alone. "

Back
Top Bottom