Possible new low for Tractor Supply

Well, like that would be like to much to do like it’s not my job OMG that is to hard 😆
on a serious note one would think that research is a must before purchasing.
(learned that 30 years ago with a damn lizard , purchased the book about it at the same time but that is whole other story)
Are you still angry that your 10 ft lizard ate your cat? :confused: :lau

Are you still angry that your 10 ft lizard ate your cat? :confused: :lau
😂 😂 😂
nope but learned my lesson (kids wanted it and I figured its gonna live for a year or two. Got home set it up and opened the book to educate myself) And there it was … on a first page… life span 12 to15 years!!! Holly Fudge !!!!! Yup that was a commitment I didn’t want to commit to … so we lived happily ever after for 11 years but it was a loveless marriage (on my part) 😂

😂 😂 😂
nope but learned my lesson (kids wanted it and I figured its gonna live for a year or two. Got home set it up and opened the book to educate myself) And there it was … on a first page… life span 12 to15 years!!! Holly Fudge !!!!! Yup that was a commitment I didn’t want to commit to … so we lived happily ever after for 11 years but it was a loveless marriage (on my part) 😂
Maybe next time, just watch a documentary about lizards 🦎 :gig

Attached is a pic of my BSL “pullet” from TSC 😂 obviously not a pullet. They were in a bin labeled just pullets and I didn’t check them after the worker put them in the box and closed it up like I should have. Lesson learned there. So far he’s a good little guy and at 7 weeks already acting the part as protector and provider for his hens so hoping he works out.
But I do think they need to put more info on the bins. I always google and or look here before I purchase a breed I’m not sure about. They all looked like pullets in the bin so I didn’t pay super close attention to the worker getting them which I should have done.

Attachments

• FAEE990E-006E-446A-850F-D71EF4130AB6.jpeg
    FAEE990E-006E-446A-850F-D71EF4130AB6.jpeg
    904.4 KB · Views: 5
  • CDF1277F-4C1B-4C08-AF49-84527F232B35.jpeg
    CDF1277F-4C1B-4C08-AF49-84527F232B35.jpeg
    688 KB · Views: 5
  • 1FC7BA8F-C33E-409B-8A8F-824201F938E1.jpeg
    1FC7BA8F-C33E-409B-8A8F-824201F938E1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5
I had to go to town today so I stopped at Tractor Supply just to see what chicks they had. Only 1 tank: Cinnamon Queen pullets and straight run Black Sex Links. Wait, what? The CQ indeed looked correct but every single one of the BSL had a white dot on their head. All cockerels! I thought maybe they just had some leftover Barred Rocks but that was not the case.

So I asked the lady back there about them and she proceeded to try to explain to me what "straight run" meant. I told her I knew what it meant and I knew what a BSL was and that they were all cockerels. Then she tried to sell me on them!!! I explained to her how a BSL was a red male over barred female and male chicks have the spot on their head while female chicks are ALL black. She told me that "well, that's really not how it works" and that the only way they know they're pullets for sure is when the hatchery sends them sexed. Then she conceded that there could be some boys in there. I feel sorry for whoever buys those chicks thinking they're gonna get a bunch of nice big eggs. To make it even worse, the sign for the BSL shows the chicks with white head spots!! So incredibly dishonest and taking advantage of folks who don't know any better. Below are a couple pics. What's everyone else think about this? View attachment 3097125View attachment 3097129View attachment 3097130
And this is tractor supply’s fault how??? Do you think they hatch the chickens themselves ?

😂 😂 😂
Had a similar story ,except it was my parents who were uneducated and they were surprised when I told them a Leopard gecko can live 15 to 30 years.:lol:

Our tsc employees are actually pretty good with good info.
I agree, most employees need a bit more training in this area but on the flips idea, I get awful sick of people getting on here with ' tsc lied to me' etc. Listen, if you know what breeds you wanted, be bothered to learn what they look like as chicks or order them! No one goes to a car dealer wanting a vw Bug not knowing what one looks like!
Touche'

I thank God for TSC as they have most everything we need. I like to order online and have hubby pick it up. Their website went downhill about a year ago so I hate it now but still do this. People blaming TSC for the deaths of their chicks is what I'm so sick of. They don't hatch the chicks anymore than they make the lightbulbs we buy there, and they don't know if they got dropped so are burnt out. I've heard of every hatchery having issues but the posts you'll see often sound like, "What's wrong with my chicks? I got them from TSC and they won't eat."

it really seemed to me like she knew they were males and was just trying to get rid of them.
Sounds to me that, like nearly every human ever, she doesn't like to be proven wrong so she argued her point ad nauseam because it's all she knows. I can think of many instances that happens in everyday life with things far more important than hatchery-quality chickens, which, let's face it, are a poor facsimile at best of the breed they are supposed to be even when they are not labeled incorrectly.

I know when I was 13, I went to tractor supply and bought five guineas. They were black, and one had a cute little dot on it's head. Turns out I got a male and four female Black Sex-links. Were they guineas? No. Did they lay eggs? Yes. It didn't really matter to me.

I do understand the frustration of buying all cockerels when you think you are getting pullets, but to be fair, backyard breeders can be just as uninformed and, worse, completely untrustworthy as was the case of a friend of mine who bought two six-month-old Lavender Orpington pullets for $100 each. She sent me pictures, and I told her they were both cockerels. The "breeder" refused to admit they were and told her if she didn't want them, she could sell them. Who in their right mind would pay $100 for a scraggly Lavender Orpington cockerel? No one.

In the grand scheme of things, I find there are more important things to worry about than what a major hatchery and a feed store are doing with birds that don't affect me in the slightest.

Back
Top Bottom