Possible sinus infection

rbum

Songster
9 Years
Jul 27, 2014
Louisiana
My one year old buff Orpington was severely overheated yesterday evening. She was very lethargic. It has been extremely hot in Southeast Louisiana. She felt very hot. brought her inside poured some cool water on her and then I put ice in the water and soaked her in it for a little while to get her body temperature down. I noticed afterwards when I had her wrapped up in a towel to dry off, she was wheezing. She is alive this morning, but seems very ill still. She is not eating and drinking. Any suggestions?

My one year old buff Orpington was severely overheated yesterday evening. She was very lethargic. It has been extremely hot in Southeast Louisiana. She felt very hot. brought her inside poured some cool water on her and then I put ice in the water and soaked her in it for a little while to get her body temperature down. I noticed afterwards when I had her wrapped up in a towel to dry off, she was wheezing. She is alive this morning, but seems very ill still. She is not eating and drinking. Any suggestions?
I would not advise to submit an overheated animal or even person to such an extreme change of temperature as this could cause the circulation to collapse.

Remember that one should not just jump into the cold water after having spent hours grilling/tanning in the hot sun at the beach. A lot of people doing it succumbed to the shock it caused to their system.

When did she last lay an egg? Has she had problems lately with calcium uptake? Any softshelled eggs?
Don’t know when she laid her last egg we have 3 more buff Orpingtons in the flock. No soft shell eggs though we make sure she has oyster shells available to all the birds

I would not advise to submit an overheated animal or even person to such an extreme change of temperature as this could cause the circulation to collapse.

Remember that one should not just jump into the cold water after having spent hours grilling/tanning in the hot sun at the beach. A lot of people doing it succumbed to the shock it caused to their system.
She seems to be just fine now

Back
Top Bottom